Radiator Auth.Fi Wi-Fi RADIUS as a service RADIUS server certificate and certificate chain will be updated on the 7th of June 2023 after 19:00 UTC, 22:00 Finnish time.
The certificate and certificate chain is updated because of DigiCert CA certificate chain changes. For the RADIUS server certificate the following certificates in the chain are changed:
- DigiCert Global Root CA → DigiCert Global Root G
- Thawte RSA CA 2018 → Thawte TLS RSA CA G1
- Issuer: C = US, O = DigiCert Inc, OU = www.digicert.com, CN = Thawte TLS RSA CA G1
- Validity Not Before: May 15 00:00:00 2023 GMT
- Validity Not After: Jun 14 23:59:59 2024 GMT
- Subject: CN = wifi.auth.fi
- Serial Number: 08 F7 B5 98 CB E5 99 C0 03 8B E5 C2 2F DD 23 9C
- Server Thumbprint: 6F 1E 9F 3E 65 1D 1E FA E8 FC 80 BA 90 0D 3A C2 03 0B 9A D6
It is usual that when a certificate of the Wi-Fi authenticating RADIUS server is changed, the users of manually configured devices may need to join to the network again and accept the new RADIUS certificate (details above). If there’s a Wi-Fi network configuration profile installed on your device by you or your IT department, that profile must be updated to accept DigiCert Global Root G2 CA certificate in addition to the older CA, DigiCert Global Root CA.
Instructions for various devices about Wi-Fi network configuration profiles compatible with Radiator Auth.Fi service can be found here:
- Radiator Auth.fi Wi-Fi configuration for roam.fi network » (in English)
- Radiator Auth.fi Wi-Fi asetukset roam.fi-verkolle » (in Finnish)
The end users are supported by their own organisation’s IT support. Radiator Software provides technical support for the Radiator Auth.Fi service’s customers’ system administrators.