Radiator VNF – a true NFV solution
With Network Function Virtualisation (NFV), it is possible to virtualise network node functions. NFV decreases costs because it runs on virtual machines in data centres using generic hardware, instead of having dedicated servers for the needed functions. NFV also enables rapid service development and deployment and provides easy scalability.
Radiator VNF solution – an overview
NFV is a natural environment to deploy Radiator products. Radiator is now available as a VNF solution.
Radiator VNF is:
- Interoperable: To ensure interoperability, Radiator VNF is developed and tested together with leading operators, integrators, and vendors. Radiator works with any industry standard NFV infrastructure.
- Scalable: Radiator VNF is equipped with additional components such as RADIUS and Diameter load balancers as well as separate AAA and database workers to ensure that it can be automatically scaled according to actual transaction needs.
- Efficient: Scaling in Radiator VNF is controlled by its management and monitoring components. Management and monitoring components together with Radiator VNF Manager ensure that instead of having too many dedicated authentication servers only waiting, you automatically have the right number of server instances at all times.
- Easy to integrate: Radiator VNF includes a redundant message queue for inter-component communication. All Radiator VNF components utilise this message queue for communication, and provide clean, clear interfaces to make future service integration easy and flexible.
- Easy to deploy: Radiator VNF has been tested and deployed in real cloud environments from leading vendors and providers. Radiator VNF is delivered as a VNF image that is ready to be deployed quickly and easily across infrastructures.
Radiator VNF – meeting the standards
Radiator is known for its interoperability and flexibility and from the very beginning, Radiator VNF is meant to be similar. In order to make it so, we have built Radiator VNF to meet the industry standards, such as NFV release 1 by the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI). Radiator VNF follows the ETSI standard architecture as shown below.
Radiator VNF features
Radiator VNF products include all the features that are implemented for Radiator core. Different feature sets include:
- Radiator AAA Core VNF
VNF version of Radiator AAA software for RADIUS and Diameter, includes also our new Radiator VNF Manager and Radiator Loadbalancer
- Radiator VoWiFi VNF
For your VoWiFi needs
- Radiator Service Provider WiFi VNF
For Service Provider WiFi needs – also includes SIM Support
- Radiator PCRF VNF
For policy and charging
- Radiator OCS VNF
For online and offline charging
- Radiator GBA/BSF VNF
For VoLTE authentication and GBA/BSF functionality
Radiator VNF – architecture
For an introduction, see Radiator VNF high level definition.
Radiator VNF handles the process of virtualising network node functions automatically. The Radiator VNF Manager scales and configures the virtual servers without human interaction. The scaling is based on KPIs (Key Performance Indicators), which the Radiator VNF system produces. Scaling does not compromise service reliability; there are no interruptions in service when scaling the system.
Technical and documentation
See here for Radiator VNF architecture and other technical documentation