System Engineer or System Engineer Trainee
Would you like to work with an established software product that has existing and stable recurring revenue? Are you interested in working on large international customer base and projects? Are you interested in learning more about network security and operator systems?
If you answered yes, Radiator Software has a post for you. We are looking for a new member to join our technical team, which develops and supports Radiator AAA, a network Authentication, Authorisation and Accounting software.
Your main duties will include:
- Support and troubleshooting for customers. Your point of contact is the customer’s system administrator, not an employee who lost their WiFi password.
- Analysing customer configuration and scripts, identifying issues and resolving them.
- Preparing configurations for customer projects and assisting in implementing them in the customers’ environments with the help of your colleagues
- Assistance in maintaining company internal systems (local VMware, Linux, and cloud servers, Ansible, CI/CD pipeline, GitHub)
As you will be working with a ready commercial product, you will not be required to develop new functionality, but rather study and understand product functionality to troubleshoot and support customers.
What we are looking for:
- Studies in a relevant field (Software Engineering, Communication Networks, Information Security, Network Engineering or similar)
- Some experience in Linux, Unix or Windows system administration
- Network diagnostics skills (DNS, TCP/IP, firewalls) or motivation and interest to learn these topics
- Fluency in English
We develop products and productised services, and support them with our expert services instead of only doing generic software development or consultation. We utilise any technologies, programming languages (Rust, Python, Perl) and solutions, which we see fit for the purpose or the objective. The main tools you will be working with are Ansible, shell scripts, CI/CD pipeline. Previous experience in these is an advantage, but it’s also something that we can teach you. The position allows hybrid work both at the office and remotely, starting with an on-site training period at our Tampere office.
In this role, you get the chance to:
- Grow into a professional in the field of network engineering with the guidance of seasoned industry professionals.
- Learn about cloud technologies and running large scale installations in various cloud environments.
- Get hands on experience and responsibility with various international customers, ranging from universities and enterprises to global telecommunication companies.
What we offer:
- Work on own software product support instead of constantly changing customer projects
- Great flexibility in working hours, working location and vacation planning
- 6 weeks of paid vacation per year
- Security: company financials are solid and transparent to all employees
- Accident insurance extended to leisure, and travel insurances extended to personal travels
- Downtown office in Tampere with excellent transport connections by car, tram, bus and train.
More information and applications:
For questions and more information about the positions, please contact our Business Development Director Jaakko Stenhäll, via phone +358451378505 on Friday 15th of December 10-12, Thursday 21st of December 9-11 or Thursday 4th of January 9-11, or via e-mail email@example.com
Also check out our other open positions at radiatorsoftware.com/careers